We migrated this Community to a Facebook Group to provide you a better overall experience. Click here and join now!

Gravatar
Ronaldo Gasparian

Hi!

I´ve just passed all my library through the Mixed In Key 7.0 and didn´t like how the cue points shows on Serato, with names, I would rather have the times than names on the label.

Is there a way to change/choose what goes on the label or even remove all the cue points information generated by the Mixed In Key feature the leave it clear again?

Thanks!

Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)

These would be questions for Serato, I'm not aware of any way to batch remove cue points or change Serato's display settings.

Gravatar
Ronaldo Gasparian

Thanks Chad!

Mixed in Key 7 put all the cue points and labeled it with Energy Levels.
It will be very useful to have a check box that you can choose use energy or time as labels on cue points and also a way to REVERT/REMOVE all my cue points inserted by Mixed in Key.

I know how to remove cue points on serato, but there is no batch for doing that like mixed in key did it.

The question is for mixed in key, really. :-)

Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)

On Friday, February 27, 2015 5:42 PM Ronaldo Gasparian wrote:

Is there a way to change/choose what goes on the label or even remove all the cue points information generated by the Mixed In Key feature the leave it clear again?

Not in Mixed In Key but there may be a way to do this in Serato that I'm not aware of so you should check with them.

Gravatar
JamrockVj

This absolutely sucks! I have the same problem with MIK7. It seems MIK Auto Cue Point feature may only be good for Dance/EDM type music, because where it put the points on everything else made no sense whatsoever. In fact, all it did was make a mess. Now there is no way to clean it up. Guess lesson learned is make sure to backup media before you let MIK operate on them......

To make matters worse, all of the info is stored in an mp3's GEOB metadata section, which can't be easily or safely edited.

Gravatar
Ronaldo Gasparian

On Thursday, March 05, 2015 10:00 PM JamrockVj wrote:

This absolutely sucks! I have the same problem with MIK7. It seems MIK Auto Cue Point feature may only be good for Dance/EDM type music, because where it put the points on everything else made no sense whatsoever. In fact, all it did was make a mess. Now there is no way to clean it up. Guess lesson learned is make sure to backup media before you let MIK operate on them......

To make matters worse, all of the info is stored in an mp3's GEOB metadata section, which can't be easily or safely edited.

Jamrockvj you got the point. People from MIK7 keep saying that I should ask Serato people, but wasn´t my Serato that messed the whole thing up. Just have a way to CLEAN all the cue points made by MIK7, so we can undo all this. Please, make sure to only clean the MIK7 cue points, not the previous info that was not touch by the software because we selected that.

There is a button to export cue point, please make a button to CLEAN cue points.

Thanks

Gravatar
jameshartnett417

This is the absolute worst. I am furious with my purchase of mixed in key. I assumed that cue point exporting wasnt turned on when i first installed the software and ran my library through it. They have absolutely ruined my organization of my library and my ability to quickly set cue points on the fly. I cannot believe i payed 58 dollars to ruin my whole library of files. Mixed in key, you have wronged me. i want a refund or i want this fixed immediately.

Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)

I'm sorry to hear that, please write contact@mixedinkey.com so that we can assist you.

Gravatar
C Squared

Doesn't help you remove the cue's but you can change the display: In Serato DJ just hold CMD (I'd guess at CTRL on a PC) and click on the cue & it'll change from the energy tag to a time

Gravatar
JamrockVj

On Friday, May 15, 2015 3:29 AM Chad P (Mixed In Key) wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that, please write contact@mixedinkey.com so that we can assist you.

@Chad, what about the rest of us? What does writing to @contact do? Is that like a recall notice of some kind? We have already written here about the problem.

What would be good is if MIK developed a script that would clear cue points it had set. Surely there is a record in a MIK manifest of some sort when it did the work. If that is still intact, why can't a script be developed to read that data and remove the cue points?

Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)

On Tuesday, June 02, 2015 7:25 AM JamrockVj wrote:

@Chad, what about the rest of us?

1. If you have a backup of your files you could replace the files in your current Serato library.

2. Check with Serato's tech support, they would be more knowledgeable about restoring your music library in their software from a backup.

3. The instructions in Tip #3 here should remove all Serato data from your files. The disadvantage is that the files may then need to be analyzed again in Serato. This is also something I'd check with Serato about, there might be a way to make this more efficient.

What does writing to @contact do?

It lets me issue the refund that was requested.

What would be good is if MIK developed a script that would clear cue points it had set.

I will run it by the rest of the team to see if this is feasible.

Gravatar
mickyweir

Please come up with a way to remove these absolutely useless cue points! MIK has destroyed my entire music collection. Not only that... It also took days even weeks to do so, causing me to loose the use of my macbook during the process. As well as having to pay for 2 licenses for multiple platforms. I'm massively dissatisfied with this product.

Gravatar
SkydiverFL

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 10:35 AM mickyweir wrote:

Please come up with a way to remove these absolutely useless cue points!

Agreed 100%!

Until now I could easily determine if I already setup a song with my common mix points. If I opened a song and no cue points appeared, I know it's never been played before and I quickly go through the track to set the cue points. However, now that all of my tracks have meaningless cue points (or, at least, not mine) I have no clue what I have!

Gravatar
TimMIK

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:06 PM SkydiverFL wrote:

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 10:35 AM mickyweir wrote:

Please come up with a way to remove these absolutely useless cue points!

Agreed 100%!

Until now I could easily determine if I already setup a song with my common mix points. If I opened a song and no cue points appeared, I know it's never been played before and I quickly go through the track to set the cue points. However, now that all of my tracks have meaningless cue points (or, at least, not mine) I have no clue what I have!

Hey everyone,

We are working on getting this implemented into Mixed In Key as we speak. I believe Mac users of MIK 8 can try this feature out now by selecting the files you want and then right clicking and choosing "remove cue points" hopefully we'll have this added to our Windows build soon.

Tim (Mixed In Key)

Gravatar
DJmatt123

Hi, I've been trying to use the "remove cue points" feature in MIK8 and it doesn't seem to do anything. I've selected the songs and right clicked and selected remove cue points but all the cue points remain. What am I doing wrong?

Gravatar
TimMIK

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:09 PM DJmatt123 wrote:

Hi, I've been trying to use the "remove cue points" feature in MIK8 and it doesn't seem to do anything. I've selected the songs and right clicked and selected remove cue points but all the cue points remain. What am I doing wrong?

Hi DJmatt,

I'll be happy to help. Can you please let me know which Operating System you are using, and it's version number? Thank You!

Tim (Mixed In Key)

Gravatar
DJmatt123

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 6:39 PM TimMIK wrote:

Hi DJmatt,

I'll be happy to help. Can you please let me know which Operating System you are using, and it's version number? Thank You!

Tim (Mixed In Key)

I am using El Capitan 10.11.6 with MIK version 8.0.4.3434 and I've tried it again and the cue points remain after selecting remove cue points.
Thanks,
Matt

Gravatar
TimMIK

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 4:55 AM DJmatt123 wrote:

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 6:39 PM TimMIK wrote:

Hi DJmatt,

Tim (Mixed In Key)

I am using El Capitan 10.11.6 with MIK version 8.0.4.3434 and I've tried it again and the cue points remain after selecting remove cue points.
Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Does this happen with all file types or only specific file types? I appreciate your help as we try and troubleshoot this problem with you.

Tim (Mixed In Key)

Gravatar
DJ Nostalgia

On Saturday, February 28, 2015 6:33 PM Chad (MIK Mod) wrote:

These would be questions for Serato, I'm not aware of any way to batch remove cue points or change Serato's display settings.

In Serato, hold Ctrl (Windows)/Cmd (Mac) and left click with your mouse on a cue button in SDJ - this switches the Cue point 'label' between 'Energy level' and 'Time'.

Gravatar
Jonnywalter

Hi all,

Is it possible to delete all cue points of all songs in an easy way? So I do not have to do it song by song knife.

Thanks in advance!

Gravatar
Hance

Good Morning, any update to this new issue of batch removal of all cue point using Mixed in Key or Platinum Notes ? I purchased the entire suite of software from Mixed In Key and is very disappointed that there is no way you can batch remove all cue points set by mixed in key with respect to the music database. It will be great if someone can suggest any alternative software that can assist.

Thanks in advance.

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com