We migrated this Community to a Facebook Group to provide you a better overall experience. Click here and join now!

Gravatar
charlie-robles

Hello there can someone tell me how to save the mix in key auto cue points to rekordbox or if they even going to add this feature to rekordbox thanks in advance

Gravatar
TimMIK

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 9:13 AM charlie-robles wrote:

Hello there can someone tell me how to save the mix in key auto cue points to rekordbox or if they even going to add this feature to rekordbox thanks in advance

Hello,

We want Rekordbox cue points just as bad you do. Unfortunately, Pioneer has so far refused to open up their software to us. Would you be willing to write to Pioneer, and let them know that their customers want to see Mixed In Key cue points in Rekordbox? This is the best way to convince the to allow us to add this feature to Mixed In Key.

Tim (Mixed In Key)

Gravatar
MaterB

Hello,

i would love to have the Cue Points created by Mixed in Key available in Rekordbox and I technically don't get the problem why this shouldn't work. The rekordbox library is open for developers as far as understand it.

I checked the rekordbox website and in the developer area Rekordbox for Developer I found the information that it's possible to export the rekordbox library information into an xml file.
In this xml file a POSITIONMARK can be defined with Name, Type, Startpoint, Endpoint, Num, etc.
When you open that xml file and you already have a Cue Point defined in your track you can find it here also. An overview about all options in the xml file can be found here
xmlformatlistforrekoardbox
I added a new entire with the tag POSITION
MARK, gave it a name, type, starttime, num and saved the updated xml file. After that I opened rekordbox, selected the file in the rekordbox xml and imported the file again. Rekordbox notified me that the file would already exist and information maybe will replaced, after clicking Yes...awesome I now have a new
Cue Point added by hand :). (This created Cue Points are also visible on CDJ and XDJ)
So I don’t understand why this is not possible for you to add the identified Cue Points in Mixed in Kex to rekordbox? It’s pretty much the same you do when updating the Traktor .nml file.

I made a quick video what I have done and how it works. YouTube Video - Add Cue Points to rekordbox xml

I'm wrong?

Cheers Bjoern

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:30 AM TimMIK wrote:

Hello,

We want Rekordbox cue points just as bad you do. Unfortunately, Pioneer has so far refused to open up their software to us. Would you be willing to write to Pioneer, and let them know that their customers want to see Mixed In Key cue points in Rekordbox? This is the best way to convince the to allow us to add this feature to Mixed In Key.

Tim (Mixed In Key)

Gravatar
TimMIK

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:55 AM MaterB wrote:

Hello,

i would love to have the Cue Points created by Mixed in Key available in Rekordbox and I technically don't get the problem why this shouldn't work. The rekordbox library is open for developers as far as understand it.

I checked the rekordbox website and in the developer area Rekordbox for Developer I found the information that it's possible to export the rekordbox library information into an xml file.
In this xml file a POSITIONMARK can be defined with Name, Type, Startpoint, Endpoint, Num, etc.
When you open that xml file and you already have a Cue Point defined in your track you can find it here also. An overview about all options in the xml file can be found here
xmlformatlistforrekoardbox
I added a new entire with the tag POSITION
MARK, gave it a name, type, starttime, num and saved the updated xml file. After that I opened rekordbox, selected the file in the rekordbox xml and imported the file again. Rekordbox notified me that the file would already exist and information maybe will replaced, after clicking Yes...awesome I now have a new
Cue Point added by hand :). (This created Cue Points are also visible on CDJ and XDJ)
So I don’t understand why this is not possible for you to add the identified Cue Points in Mixed in Kex to rekordbox? It’s pretty much the same you do when updating the Traktor .nml file.

I made a quick video what I have done and how it works. YouTube Video - Add Cue Points to rekordbox xml

I'm wrong?

Cheers Bjoern

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:30 AM TimMIK wrote:

Hello,

Tim (Mixed In Key)

Hello,

If it were that easy for us to add cuepoint functionality for our Rekordbox users, we'd already have it implemented in our software. We want these feature added just as badly as you guys do. Unfortunately it is not that easy. The issue is not that we don't know how to add this function, it's that we can't add it without the support of Pioneer. The best thing our customers can do to try and help us get this feature added to our software, is to contact Pioneer, and let them know how important this feature is to you. Thank you for supporting Mixed In Key!

Tim (Mixed In Key)

Gravatar
MaterB

Hi Tim,

thanks for your fast reply, I never said it's easy :) but it's possible to import cue points in the rekordbox library with a 3rd party software.

I guess Moeo nailed it on his post on 12/04/2016 suggestion-to-mik-developer-export-library-cue-points-to-rekordbox-with-xml-file “You are better off to start on this alternative option, and continue talking to Pioneer.”

Thanks for your great work
Cheers Bjoern

Gravatar
TimMIK

On Friday, January 13, 2017 12:35 AM MaterB wrote:

Hi Tim,

thanks for your fast reply, I never said it's easy :) but it's possible to import cue points in the rekordbox library with a 3rd party software.

I guess Moeo nailed it on his post on 12/04/2016 suggestion-to-mik-developer-export-library-cue-points-to-rekordbox-with-xml-file
“You are better off to start on this alternative option, and continue talking to Pioneer.”

Thanks for your great work
Cheers Bjoern

Hello,

I'll definitely pass this on to our development team to see what we can do ;)

Tim (Mixed In Key)

Gravatar
Niklas

Hi Tim

Has there been any update on this?

Thanks
Niklas

Gravatar
jubnarmusic

Still waiting

Gravatar
Escaport

On Friday, November 10, 2017 11:04 AM Niklas wrote:

Hi Tim

Has there been any update on this?

Thanks
Niklas

There appear to be workarounds to make MiK work in Rekordbox with cue points. Many seem to involve using MiK with Traktor and then Traktor to Rekordbox. Mainly because Mixed in Key can set points in Traktor, and either exporting manually or using something like Next Audio Labs' Rekord Buddy 2 that actually can get the cue points from Traktor to Rekordbox. So the two importing abilities overlap.

How can a tiny indy single-man developer like Next Audio Labs make importing cue points into Rekordbox work and Mixed in Key can't? I think that's a very good question.

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com