We migrated this Community to a Facebook Group to provide you a better overall experience. Click here and join now!

Gravatar
dlove1947

Hi I purchased my mixed in key 2 weeks ago and was unable to open it. I have deleted it and reinstalled it twice. Please help.

Gravatar
TimMIK

On Friday, December 9, 2016 7:07 PM dlove1947 wrote:

Hi I purchased my mixed in key 2 weeks ago and was unable to open it. I have deleted it and reinstalled it twice. Please help.

Hello,

I'll be happy to help you troubleshoot this issue, but I need just a little more info before I can. Can you please tell me what operating system you are currently using? Is there any error message or code? If so, what exactly does it say? Please us as much detail as possible.

Tim (Mixed In Key)

Gravatar
teocamelorg

Hi, I'm having the same problem on Windows 10. It happened after the latest update. The program seems to be working i get no error message, the icon shows on taskbar but there is no window.

Gravatar
dlove1947

On Friday, December 9, 2016 7:07 PM dlove1947 wrote:

Hi I purchased my mixed in key 2 weeks ago and was unable to open it. I have deleted it and reinstalled it twice. Please help. I am using windows 8

Gravatar
dlove1947

I'm using windows 8 and I have installed it re installed it probably 10X's now and nothing. It shows up on taskbar but can't open window. I've tried to also run in capability mode and nothing. I also went into system restore to go back to a later date and nothing.

Gravatar
TimMIK

On Saturday, December 17, 2016 9:02 PM dlove1947 wrote:

I'm using windows 8 and I have installed it re installed it probably 10X's now and nothing. It shows up on taskbar but can't open window. I've tried to also run in capability mode and nothing. I also went into system restore to go back to a later date and nothing.

Hello,

Please open your task manager and force close the MIK.exe process. Once this process stops, try restarting your computer and then try opening Mixed In Key.

Tim (Mixed In Key)

Gravatar
dlove1947

I tried several times and didn't work

Gravatar
TimMIK

On Thursday, December 22, 2016 11:43 AM dlove1947 wrote:

I tried several times and didn't work

Hi dlove,

Can you please go to http://www.mixedinkey.com/recovery and enter the email you used for purchase to receive an up to date download link? Also before reinstalling please be sure to completely unisntall Mixed In Key.

To fully uninstall MIK you'll have to delete several hidden files, you can just delete this entire folder if there is one on your computer:

C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME GOES HERE\AppData\Local\Mixed In Key

Then run Advanced Systemcare or a similar registry cleanup tool. Once you've done this run Windows Update and restart your computer.

You should then be able to install and run MIK, when you install it be sure to right click on the install file and choose to run it as administrator.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Tim (Mixed In Key)

Gravatar
haydn.paterson

I'm having this issue. Have done everything mentioned and have emailed the info team at MIK and have had no response.

This program has worked fine in the past and have had nothing but helpful responses from Team MIK but this is getting beyond. I have work to do and I do require Mixed In Key to do that so if anyone could PLEASE offer a resolution or at least respond to my email that'd be greatly appreciated

Gravatar
scottyboyhomie

I was having the same issues. What I did was uninstall it then reinstall. Once the tab Launch mixed in key pops up don't push it. Instead exit and then click the desktop icon. This worked for me... Good Luck!!!

Gravatar
Jonnywalter

Have exactly same issue with key,only join to you coz of that
any future solutions?Hope so.
thanks in advance

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com