Gravatar
thefrankenmuppet

Sounds weird, but it's the best way I can tl/dr. I recently paid for the upgrade to finally move up from mik6 to 8. Since the upgrade, I have not been able to even see mik. I will open the program (Windows 10), and I can see it in the taskbar, but I can't get it to show on screen. Clicking on it doesn't work, right clicking and selecting it doesn't show it, Alt/Tab shows the thumbnail for it but when you go to it it wont show, restarting doesn't help... I've uninstalled and reinstalled it three times, and have yet to be able to see the program.

Does anyone know what the heck I can do to actually use the program? I absolutely loved MIK5/6; and it has helped my mixing tremendously... but I can't even use the upgrade.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

Hey there,

Let's try this:

1. Go to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Mixed In Key\Mixed In Key
  2. Rename the "8.0" folder to "8.0-backup"
  3. Go to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\
  4. Rename the "MixedInKeyLLC" folder to "MixedInKeyLLC-backup"
  5. Open Mixed In Key

Let me know if it works :)

Gravatar
thefrankenmuppet

That seems to have worked perfectly!!! Finally got to get into MIK 8, and lo and behold there was an update available. Updated it, and it still works... closed it and reoppened it a few times and it has worked everytime!! Thank you very much for the assistance :D

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com