Gravatar
John Nguyen

Hi,

I don't think Bitwig is officially supported but it works, although you'll need a workaround to prevent crashes. It seems that when the VST has input focus and then you press the space bar, the VST takes down the host. Bitwig has a plugin sandbox implementation, so the host isn't taken down with the VST. I have a screen recording of the reproduction steps leading to the crash, as well as the workaround.

Video here

1. I wave the mouse cursor to indicate where I'm clicking the mouse.
  2. Then I press the space bar and observe the crash.
  3. I re-active Bitwig's audio engine.
  4. I click on somewhere in Bitwig to get input focus.
  5. Press the space bar and Bitwig renders the audio.
  6. I repeat steps 1 and 2 to confirm that the crash is reproducible.

System specs: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 16 GB OS: MacOS High Sierra, 10.13 Model: MacBook Pro (Retina 15in, Late 2013) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750 2GB Intel Iris Pro 1536 mb

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

On Monday, December 11, 2017 5:24 AM John Nguyen wrote:

Hi,

I don't think Bitwig is officially supported but it works, although you'll need a workaround to prevent crashes. It seems that when the VST has input focus and then you press the space bar, the VST takes down the host. Bitwig has a plugin sandbox implementation, so the host isn't taken down with the VST. I have a screen recording of the reproduction steps leading to the crash, as well as the workaround.

Video here

1. I wave the mouse cursor to indicate where I'm clicking the mouse.
  2. Then I press the space bar and observe the crash.
  3. I re-active Bitwig's audio engine.
  4. I click on somewhere in Bitwig to get input focus.
  5. Press the space bar and Bitwig renders the audio.
  6. I repeat steps 1 and 2 to confirm that the crash is reproducible.

Hey John,

Thanks for reporting this crash.

One of our developers is working on a fix for it. Currently, we’ve seen this happen in Maschine, Reason, and Bitwig. We think we understand the issue, and a fix should be available soon.

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com