Gravatar
olafbj

Hi there

My question is this..
When you rip a vinyl you can forget to beatgrid it 100% in Traktor / Serato since the records are always a little bit warped, so I was wondering if the Pitch Correction (the Elastique Pitch plugin) in Platinum Notes could fix that (Phil Morse at Digital DJ Tips said so in a article). So before spending $98 I would like to know if this is possible or not.

I know I can warp the file in Ableton and correct this, but if possible Platinum Notes would save me ALOT of time...

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

Hey there,

That's a great question.

We have two options for pitch correction, which you can see in this screenshot:

http://platinumnotes.com/Images/PN4ScreenshotCustomize.png

Option #1: Vinyl-style. If the pitch of the song is too low, we increase the BPM to make the song more high-pitched. This is equivalent to increasing the pitch on your CDJ or turntable. This is the safest, most gentle way to correct pitch problems without affecting audio quality, but obviously it’ll change the BPM of the output file.

Option #2: Re-pitch. We fix the pitch, but keep the exact same BPM. This what you would get if you used Ableton Live’s “Complex” repitch mode. We use an algorithm called Elastique Pro from zplane.development, a well-known German company that’s at the core of many DJ products. (this is the one that you mentioned).

Just to clarify: Platinum Notes is not like Auto-Tune. It doesn’t add crazy repitch effects that sound like T-Pain or Cher. Instead, it corrects the whole track at once. So if it was 25% off key before processing, it would become 0% off-key after processing.

We do have a 30-day money back guarantee on all our products, so I would definitely give it a try and see if you like it.

Let me know if it helps :)

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com