Gravatar
DeadMansCat

Hi,
Posting out of desperation. I use MIK for all BPM and Key info etc. Ive decided to overhaul a messed up library and revert back to iTunes as the main library management program for Serato Etc.
I can't for the life of me get iTunes to update BPM's and comments from MIK any more. Im using the latest MIK (8.1.2.3958) and iTunes (12.7.346). Serato's playing nicely with updated tags, but I would like to get back to making playlists etc. on the move from iTunes but its impossible without seeing BPM/and energy/key in comments.
Ive been through every WWW site and followed every instruction i can find on deleting libraries and re-importing etc etc.... updating the song info in unused fields as a force update method, re-scanned the original song files to MIK as well dragged from iTunes, even relocated my DJ music folder to the iTunes music folder in case that was an issue and used an ID3 tag iTunes script to try a forced update and still at a loss. All music files are all AIFF format and all analysed by MIK.

Its no doubt an iTunes problem as Serato see's the BPM/Key tag info even through my iTunes folder, but the chances of getting any help from Apple is '0'. I thought I would ask here due to the knowledge base of all things music tag related :) and see if theres any known issues with the latest iTunes.

Many thanks

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

Hi,

Can you please email contact@mixedinkey.com

We will be better able to troubleshoot this issue from there :)

Gravatar
DeadMansCat

On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 12:31 PM James Araujo - MIK Team wrote:

Hi,

Can you please email contact@mixedinkey.com

We will be better able to troubleshoot this issue from there :)

Sure thing James,
I really appreciate the response and the offer of further assistance :) before I do, Im going to try importing new tunes (untagged) from an external drive into a fresh library doing everything iTunes wants (ground zero) to rule out any hang-ups with old tag data or my existing file structure. I'll be back in touch here with A-Ok or in touch by E-mail for further help.

Again thanks for listening and help on the troubleshooting :)

Jim

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

Sounds good, Jim :)

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com