Gravatar
Buttkick

Hello.

Is it possible to play chords via Captain Chords with an instrument and have the actual midi notes show up on a separate track with my synth of choice playing them? Or do i have to drag and drop the entire chord structure each time?

Also, I'm using Ableton live and when i start adding chords alongside say a baseline, drums or vocals from a remix pack whilst in arrangement view on Ableton, when i hit space bar to restart from my loop position it starts the chords in Captain Chords half way through, not from the first chord i added. Very frustrating.

Thank you.

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

Is it possible to play chords via Captain Chords with an instrument and have the actual midi notes show up on a separate track with my synth of choice playing them? Or do i have to drag and drop the entire chord structure each time?

Do you mean, play with a MIDI Controller or something like that?

Also, I'm using Ableton live and when i start adding chords alongside say a baseline, drums or vocals from a remix pack whilst in arrangement view on Ableton, when i hit space bar to restart from my loop position it starts the chords in Captain Chords half way through, not from the first chord i added. Very frustrating.

It’s more of just how the plugin works with looping. If you have a 3-bar progression, it’s going to loop every three bars. If you have a 4-bar progression, it’s going to loop every four bars. So if you create a loop point in your DAW and then start changing how long your progression is, that loop point is going to loop around a different chunk of that progression.

You can also try to add "Rest" to the progression to help you with that. 

Let me know if it helps :)

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com