Gravatar
jaysonmacdhiarmada

I know you guys are very busy at work doing updates for you're amazing plugin's and planning to release a windows version of the Captain series very soon. I've bought this with the Odesi bundle and i'm looking foraward to getting stuck into it when it comes out. but i have this idea that i think would be very benefical for producers and beat makers a like and maybe it could be worth taking into consideration by you guys.

The idea is to create a smart program that you could import audio files such as wav ones into, and have this program read the audio file with very high to great accuracy and give you the ability to convert the file into a midi one. so say i have a wav file of a piano and wanted to convert it into midi i could use this program and it would do so accurately and correctly. Now i've read about a very few programs that claim to have this ability but they are no where near as precise as they should be. They might get one or two notes right but the rest is a complete mess.

I think getting this program to work with pin point precision would completely revolutionize the game like you've guys have already done with you're amazing plugin's.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read what i have to say and if anybody else who has any input or ideas that they think would be dope to add on feel free to express them.

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

Hi Jayson,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your ideas!

I can definitely see how this Audio -> MIDI feature would be useful. I’ve just added to our Wishlist and we will keep in mind for future development plans for sure.

What else would you like us to improve? We're open to ideas, and our software will evolve and become better with your feedback. Let us know if anything else comes to mind :)

Gravatar
jaysonmacdhiarmada

Hey man thank's for even taking the time to read and comment back. if you guys could ever make this possible it would be incredible.

Gravatar
Static

Call it Captain Convert :D

Gravatar
jaysonmacdhiarmada

On Wednesday, March 14, 2018 3:59 AM Static wrote:

Call it Captain Convert :D

You know i was actually thinking about calling it the same thing hahaha

Gravatar
BurningBright

This is actually a pretty difficult thing to do, which is why all the other programs and VST's you've tried haven't done it well yet.

Ableton Live has it, but you need a very dry audio sample for it to work accurately. If there's any reverb or delay or any other kind of wet effect, it can wash out the signal and it won't be translated correctly.

Gravatar
jaysonmacdhiarmada

On Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:03 AM BurningBright wrote:

This is actually a pretty difficult thing to do, which is why all the other programs and VST's you've tried haven't done it well yet.

Ableton Live has it, but you need a very dry audio sample for it to work accurately. If there's any reverb or delay or any other kind of wet effect, it can wash out the signal and it won't be translated correctly.

You are definitely correct man, it's not an easy feat. and like you've just stated there any kind of effect on the audio could cause it to mess up. hopefully someone can come up with a solution for that problem. i would even gladly donate money to a kick stater to help fund this.

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com