Gravatar
cpo

I want to use mixed in key for my vinyl collection, there’s a lot so my question is do I need to record the whole song for it to be analysed or how short can I record before mixed in key can analyse? Thanks

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

Hey,

Great question. I recommend analyzing the entire song because sometimes you will have key changes throughout the song, so you will be able to see that on Mixed In Key. But, it's really up to you. Mixed In Key detects the key from samples shots of about 2-3 seconds, so it should work fine detecting the key of a segment in your song :)

Gravatar
cpo

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 1:13 PM James Araujo - MIK Team wrote:

Hey,

Great question. I recommend analyzing the entire song because sometimes you will have key changes throughout the song, so you will be able to see that on Mixed In Key. But, it's really up to you. Mixed In Key detects the key from samples shots of about 2-3 seconds, so it should work fine detecting the key of a segment in your song :) thank you James 👍

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com