Gravatar
TonyByte

4 bar progression in captain chords using it's internal sounds. Set a repeat loop area in Ableton live of 8 bars. Each chord / bar plays flawlessly but when Live starts over at the beginning of the loop, chord 1 only plays for half a bar and makes a glitch sound. I can change the Ableton loop area length and it all works fine. It's only a problem after 8 bars, 16 bars, ect., when the whole progression plays out and tries to repeat.

Note: the problem only occurs when Live loops back to the beginning. If i loop and area in live at 16 measures, the glitch does not occur at 8, only when the cursor has to starts back at the beginning of Live after 16. What's also weird is that I can make a loop of 4 bars and it doesnt glitch.

Hope that is clear. I tried to create a video but it's not recording sound at the moment. Can anyone reproduce this in their DAW? 4 bar progression in Captain Chords, 8 bar loop in DAW (possibly Live problem?).

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

Hey Tony,

Remind me again: Are you on Mac or Windows? Which OS version?

I will send this over to our developers to see if they reproduce and fix it ASAP :)

Gravatar
TonyByte

Windows 10, 64 bit. Thank you.

Gravatar
TonyByte

FYI, I just noticed it does happen in a 4 bar loop. 4 bars plays fine twice in a loop, then when Ableton Live starts over for the third time with the loop area, it glitches on the first bar (plays the chord maybe half the measure).

I doubt this info helps to troubleshoot at this point but it's something I noticed. This is consistent with this happening after every 8 bars in my original comment. shrug

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com