Gravatar
thiagodom

Where is the 'play in key' mode with a MIDI Controller... in this 2.0 version? I miss this.
I think it's a great resource, please put it back. I do not want to downgrade.

Gravatar
thiagodom

James?

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

This feature is still available :)

Can you please give me some details on the issues you are having with it?

Gravatar
thiagodom

James, it's not working. I have a arturia and the function does not appear when I put the MIDI controller in the configurations. I think it had a function called Easy mode, but its gone when i update... Take a look, please.
Or something is wrong around here, but I've always been able to use it that way.

Gravatar
Bansaw

With the new upadate I installed yesterday, my Midi controller does not work at all with Capt.Play.
Before the update Capt.Play recognized it but the note "stuck on" and I could not play that note again.

Gravatar
verbal

Hi guys,

I dont see a 'play in key' mode for MIDI controller? I thought that was the point but not sure if I'm just not seeing it?

Attached is a screenshot. Everytime I try and play in a different scale it just plays in the normal key. Ideally it would be great if I could just play in C Major (all white notes) but transpose it using Captain Play.. Is this possible? !

Here's a screenshot of how it looks on my machine. Is there supposed to be a 'play in key' mode? https://imgur.com/mPRm8yU

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

Hey guys,

I've heard back from our developers.

That’s as expected. We removed the white-keys only mode.

So now, single notes Play, just plays the same notes a MIDI keyboard would normally play, rather than having the white keys be mapped to the current scale. Chords mode got a similar change as well, except out-of-scale notes on chords mode just trigger the closest in-scale chord.

It was optional in older builds. You could turn the “white keys only” mode on and have it like that, or turn it off and have it like our current behavior (except that it also used to play out of scale chords)

We have many users requesting this feature back, so I think we will definitely include it on our next update (or very soon).

Gravatar
verbal

I really hope it gets added back in. That was one of the major reasons I bought the software.

Do you have any more information about when it will be fixed? Why would they take away a feature?

Gravatar
thiagoodom

any news?

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

We didn't have any updates for Captain Play since then, so not yet.

Sorry about that.

Gravatar
thiagoodom

any news?

Gravatar
lanskeybeatz

OMG I thought I was losing my mind! I was loving this new feature but I recently upgraded to the lastest version and white key mode was gone :(

please bring it back.

The white keys only one key mode on my midi controller in the play section of chords filled me with alot of creativity.

If possible, I would really appreciate if they all came back within Deep, Chords, Melody and of course captian play.

Gravatar
thiagoodom

Yeah, this function is so good, i felt so creative!

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com