Gravatar
Robert Durham Music

So I go to use captain chords for an idea I had in my head all morning. Opens logic and I’m presented with a loading screen upon adding captain chords. To which I then get a notification saying they couldn’t validate my vip code. So I shut down and try again 5 times. Had no issues before and now it freezes and keeps searching for an online connection.

This is absolutely terrible. Amazing concept, poor execution. Ideas now gone in case you were wondering due to me being enraged at not being able to use the software I paid for. If I could add images I would to show the constant searching screen.

This is unacceptable guys!!

Gravatar
TheArtifex

I've experienced similar issues with Captain Plugins for Win. For me it's always during the work-process, when Captain Chords logs itself out from the server. Then it says something about "connection lost and retry" even though my internet connection works perfect. If I hit the retry button it just loads forever without success. Then I need to shutdown and reload the whole plugin again. This happens for me every time, when I try to work with the Captain Plugins. It was so annoying and irritating for me, that I stopped using the Captain Plugins. These permanent log-offs just take me out of my creative flow. The Tools are just too buggy at this moment for me and I'm waiting for updates and a stable version. Not to speak about the fact, that I'm still waiting since a year or so for a Windows Version of Captain Melody and it's still not here.
I just hope, that my investment into this company wasn't a waste of money. Happens a lot of time, that an individual programmer brings out some awesome software, but as his company grows he's unable to cope with the business, support or technical parts at once etc., not knowing how and when to share responsibility and the (one-man) "company" goes broke.

Gravatar
Robert Durham Music

Everything you explained is litteraly the process I went through with it. I understand their need to avoid piracy etc with an online system but when their paying customers can’t use it either, it won’t take long before another company copies the good bits and leaves this company scratching their heads on missing the boat.

Gravatar
sunrise1

i think your best bet would be contacting support if your having problems
support has always been excellent

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

Hey guys,

Odesi and Captain both connect to an online API, which is required to use them. In that sense, they work like any online product - like Gmail, Instagram or Google. They don't work offline because all their actions and music analysis is done in the cloud. You can read more about our privacy policy here: https://mixedinkey.com/privacy-policy

The software doesn't work offline. If this doesn't suit you, we're happy to refund your payment 100%. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I know that online access can be frustrating.

p.s. if you guys have any functionality issues, just send us an email at contact@mixedinkey.com and we will help you fix it :)

Gravatar
Robert Durham Music

Hi James, how do I go about getting this refunded as that’s now another night asking for my vip code and stuck status bar.

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

On Tuesday, July 31, 2018 10:39 PM Robert Durham Music wrote:

Hi James, how do I go about getting this refunded as that’s now another night asking for my vip code and stuck status bar.

email us at contact@mixedinkey.com and we will take care of that for you.

Gravatar
Robert Durham Music

I have sent over an email to the email address and await your response.

Thank you

Robert.

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com