Gravatar
Ferio

So,

I'm or rather was at the point of getting Captain Chords, but then I read it does not work with both of my DAWS (Studio one 4 and cubase 9). Since I pretty much stopped using cubase 9 and am full time producing on studio one now does captain chords work with the latest studio one version? I believe its 4.0.1 or so?

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

Studio One is not officially supported yet. We've heard of our plugins being blacklisted and crashing on the Mac version, but it seems to work fine on Windows. We haven't fully tested it, but you are backed with a 30-day money back guarantee if you want to give it a try :)

Gravatar
Ferio

On Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:07 PM James Araujo - MIK Team wrote:

Studio One is not officially supported yet. We've heard of our plugins being blacklisted and crashing on the Mac version, but it seems to work fine on Windows. We haven't fully tested it, but you are backed with a 30-day money back guarantee if you want to give it a try :)

Any info when this will happen?

Studio one starts to be (or is) a big player in the scene, I'm surprised it is not yet supported.

Gravatar
Navid

works fine in studio 4 I am using it on windows 10 with studio one 4

Gravatar
tacman7

Yeah, that's what I was trying to find out, if it works in S1.

I was reading that you have to have an internet connection, not for authorizing but to function.

So you're able to use it in S1?

I might give it a try.

I guess the other thing, Odesi, is a stand alone application, so you could create stuff in that and import it into S1.

Gravatar
Wayne White

I have Studio One 4 (totally up-to-date). I am very inexperienced with it. I just bought Captain PlugIns. I see mixed results from users who can use it & can't use it with Studio One. I can't even figure out how to get to get Studio One to find it. I added it in Locations. Does anyone know the proper path to OPEN it in Studio One?

Gravatar
Hoboy

OSX
Hello, VST on Studio One (last version) do not work at all.
AU limited. Captain Chords some time yes, but when it connect with Captain Deep it crasches.
Hope that it will be correct soon. In fact, it is not possible ti use it with fun.

Gravatar
Wayne White

Where do you open Captain Chords in Studio One? I can't seem to get there.

Gravatar
dgkenney

I am using Captain Chords/Deep/Melody with the latest StudioOne and I have no problems at all. Running on Windows 10. These plugs are killer especially when you team them up with Studio One's Chord Track capabilities

Gravatar
Wayne White

Let me rephrase my question. It is great that you can use Captain Chords in Studio One. What is the PATH you click through to bring it up? I can't seem to find anyplace to bring it in/open it in Studio One...

Gravatar
dgkenney

During installation of the Captain Plug-ins. Make note of where the installation program is putting the plugs on your system. Then in Studio One, make sure that under LOCATIONS your path is accounted for in the VST listing. If not, add it. Then, just to make sure, check the box that says "Scan on Start up" (or something similar)
Restart Studio One and you should find the Plugs listed in the browser under INSTRUMENTS (not effects)
See if that helps.

Gravatar
EG79

I found a work around for Mac users of Captain Chords 2.0 running within Studio One 4. However, it requires the use of Native Instruments Machine. Captain Chords works within Machine and in sync on an instrument track within SO4. Just run as stated and build your arrangement. then use the drag and drop function to drop the created midi files directly on an instrument track within SO4. Works like a charm for me.

Gravatar
kalbinsson

Thank you this workaround! I have been waiting for play with this plugin for a very long time.

Great suggestion.

/K

On Sunday, March 31, 2019 11:38 PM EG79 wrote:

I found a work around for Mac users of Captain Chords 2.0 running within Studio One 4. However, it requires the use of Native Instruments Machine. Captain Chords works within Machine and in sync on an instrument track within SO4. Just run as stated and build your arrangement. then use the drag and drop function to drop the created midi files directly on an instrument track within SO4. Works like a charm for me.

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com