Gravatar
Surfer949

Ok getting really frustrated here with this software. I already have a mix done and I'm adding some songs to the mix in different spots. This cause all the songs after the new song not to shift together as one and I'm having to redo the mixing for all the songs again.

Is there a way to lock the mix so that when you introduce a new song it wont mess up the existing alignment??

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

The automatic beatmatching in Mashup works well for most songs, but occasionally a slight adjustment can make things even tighter. If the beatmatching is completely off, that indicates that the BPM value on the track controls is wrong. If the BPM on the track controls is not exactly the BPM of the track at its original speed beatmatching will not work. Try entering a more accurate BPM if it is completely incorrect, or rounding the BPM on the track controls to a whole number. For example, if you track A that is reported in Mashup as 127.89, and track B that is reported as 126.78, try entering 128 for track A and 127 for track B. This will fix most issues with beatmatching, but if things still sound a little off, try making a phase adjustment using the Phase buttons on the track controls.

Will you please let us know if that helps?

Gravatar
Surfer949

Thanks for the response but my question is not about beat matching. I want to know if there is a way to lock all the songs in their spots where they are transitioned/mixed because if I insert a song at the beginning of the mix the rest of the songs are "sliding" of their marks.

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com