Gravatar
Ade UK

I've just purchased Platinum Notes and was advised that if copying from AIF to AIF then the tags would copy also, however this is not the case. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug that prevents the tag copy. If they won't copy, how do I get a refund on the software as it is no good to me without the tag information I have spent months editing.

Gravatar
Ade UK

Just a quick update. I have found this is a problem with windows 7 handling ID3 2.4 Tags. This has been solved by installing Audioshell http://www.softpointer.com/AudioShell.htm and associating it with AIF and AIFF files.

Gravatar
Ade UK

The plot thickens. dbPoweramp have advised that the re-writing of the tag in the file is handled incorrectly by Platinum Notes. Quote "This other program is not tagging correctly, to tag an AIFF file, to the same standard as iTunes, the ID3 tag, has to be put in an ID3 chunk at the end of the file, this program does not do that (it just puts the id3 tag at the end of the file)."

The workaround using Audioshell is only a temporary solution as the new Platinum Notes created file is not 100% iTunes compliant and, thus, incompatible with my iTunes smart playlists.

Can this be fixed or do I get a refund?

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com