Posting is temporarily disabled due to large amounts of spam. We’re working to re-enable it soon. Thank you for your patience.

Gravatar
dixon_b

When I activate Captain Chords (and relevant plugins) from within Ableton, it sets my keyboard layout from German to (I am assuming) US. This means that I can no longer use my keyboard to type anything effectively (notes/track names/etc) until I shut it down again.

Can I stop this behaviour so it does not hijack my keyboard layout?

Thanks

Gravatar
dixon_b

I am now tzping this while Captain Chords is activated. Can zou see how annozing this is_ Not onlz are y and z in the incorrect positions, almost all of the special szmbols and punctuation are incorrectlz mapped.

Gravatar
Nickl

Same thing happened to me, but I didn't associate it with Captain Chords at the time. My keyboard switched from UK English to US English at some point whilst I was testing CC - I assumed that it was just another Microsoft background update glitch.

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

Hey guys,

We are working on a fix for this.

It should be released on our next update :)

Gravatar
Dreamcatcher

Aaah it does it for me to, from SWE to ENG. Never thought it was Captain.

Gravatar
dixon_b

Update: I found an easy workaround, just after I add Captain Chords and it changes my keyboard setting to ENG US, I just change it back in Windows Keyboard settings to DE. The software still works exactly the same, including keyboard play. Still annoying and incomprehensible why a software developer thinks changing the user's keyboard layout shouldn't be an issue to the end user.

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com