Gravatar
Yakov (Mixed In Key)
Dear Friends, Mixed In Key comes in two versions. We have our Original version, but we also created a special edition for Allen & Heath called "Xone Mixed In Key" Here is the Original screenshot (Windows): Here is the Allen & Heath screenshot (Windows): The color schemes are different, but the functionality is exactly the same. Both products get free lifetime updates. Editors Note: We no longer offer free lifetime updates. This was a promotion that ended on April 15, 2008. Links Original website: http://www.MixedInKey.com XONE website: http://Xone.MixedInKey.com
Gravatar
AJinTheMix
Shoot, I didn't notice the post about the 2 different versions until after I had already purchased. I realize this is a petty thing, but I much prefer a Black skin like the xone mixedinkey. Is there any way to just change skins? Or can I download the xone version and just use the same VIP Key I got from buying the original MixedInKey version??? Thanks! AJ
Gravatar
Yakov (Mixed In Key)
Hi AJ, Glad to help -- I just wrote you an e-mail, so let's talk there.
Gravatar
Guy Fawkes
Is there any other difference? Is there some specific application that only works with Allen and Heath mixers? ....Because I was thinking about getting one.
Gravatar
Yakov (Mixed In Key)
Hi, Everything is the same except for the "theme" -- Allen & Heath version uses darker colors, and the original version uses lighter colors.
Gravatar
ovation
hi yakov, i just bought the original version as well without knowing about the zone version... can you help me out with transferring to the zone version? it would compliment my serato scratch live set up very nicely... thanks for any help you can give me.
Gravatar
TaMaX
Well, same in here. I have orginal , and i dream about Xone supa dupa theme ;) Can you help me? :)
Gravatar
Yakov (Mixed In Key)
Hi guys, I will send you an email so we can talk privately. Thanks, Yakov
Gravatar
krisp
hi there you must be fed up of hearing this but i would also prefer the xone version but i have purchased original one can you help please thanks
Gravatar
e-Legal
the xone edition looks sweet...
Gravatar
DJ G-R-Bs
Yakov, Please email me too. The black goes with my set-up. Thanks!
Gravatar
djseamus
Hi! I, too, would like to know if I can change over to the Xone version. Please mail me. Thanks!
Gravatar
Ash Riggs
If you could email me the instructions as to how to change the skin I would very much appreciate that too! Thank you. Ashley
Gravatar
Yakov (Mixed In Key)
Hi all, Just a kind follow-up -- we cannot send a free XONE crossgrade to everybody. There are thousands of customers who may request it, and to be fair, we ask that you purchase the XONE version if you love the Allen & Heath design. Official website links: http://xone.mixedinkey.com and http://www.xone.co.uk
Gravatar
Dj Snafu
How about in a future version the ability to skin your MIK?
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
Hi Dj Snafu, That could be a possibility. We have a long list of features that we would already like to add, and once we get some more of those taken care of we could take a look at doing this. Thanks for posting : ) Chad
Gravatar
djchas
Hello, Just ordered it and there was no indication of choosing between the two versions. Likewise can you tell me how to get the Xone version?
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
Gravatar
W.J.
Damn, i saw the xone version on the internet and purchased it at mixed in key. But the purchased one looks totally different. I wanted the black version of xone and got a white one. Now i have to read in this thread that there are two versions (skins) and i'm f#cked with the white skin. MENTION IT on the purchase page There is no link or short message that tells you are not buying the xone black version but a white selfmade one. VERY LAME Programs works great, but i feel ripped off. Simple mention the choices and i would have bought the right one.
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
Programs works great, but i feel ripped off. Simple mention the choices and i would have bought the right one. Sorry about that W.J. You are right, we should make this more clear on our purchase page. I have contacted you through email. Cheers, Chad
Gravatar
W.J.
Excellent service Chad en yakov of mixed in key are right on top of it. Have not seen this service before. Absolute A+
Gravatar
Dj Snafu
I'd say in your next release (3.5) make it possible to design your own skin. I know that I'd probably fool around with some designs. <- Graphic artist too
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
Hi Dj Snafu, You are right, this would be a cool feature...but we have lots of technical improvements that will most likely take precedence over something like this. We will keep it in mind though. Cheers, Chad
Gravatar
DJ Basestring
HM, Why you down make an update for everyone, and build a skin change function in it. than everybody can change there look, and it's not so difficult to build it would take maybe 1 or 2 hours or less if you have good programmers, thats how long it would take if i had to do it. I don't really mind the background. I Use HM only to scan and rename my mp3's after that I use my own software to make layins for my cd's see Topic http://community.mixedinkey.com/Topic.aspx?ID=3864
Gravatar
Hameed

hi yakov,

i just bought the original version as well without knowing about the xzone version...

can you help me out with transferring to the xzone version?

Thanks in advance

Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)

Download and license requests should be sent to contact@mixedinkey.com. For the quickest response please log into your PayPal or Google Checkout account and look up your History tab. We may need help to locate your transaction details, so a copy/paste (not a screenshot please) from the History tab will help. Also, please include the email address and name that the software was originally purchased with. We will send you the download link and VIP code as soon as we have more information.

Cheers,
Chad P

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com