We migrated this Community to a Facebook Group to provide you a better overall experience. Click here and join now!

Gravatar
DJ Ross
Hi all, just joined the club and have scanned my tunes from my i-tunes which are made up from downloads from different sites. many are saying DRM protected and the software wont allocate a code. Does anyone know a way round this? Cheers ross
Gravatar
brayks
burn the tracks as audio cd's... then rip em back into your computer as mp3 or whatever you want to start with.
Gravatar
Yakov (Mixed In Key)
Hi Ross, The iTunes Music Store is very restrictive -- we cannot analyze purchased files directly. That's why we suggest to use Traxsource, Beatport and other legal MP3 stores when possible. If you want to analyze your iTunes files, we recommend doing what Brayks described -- Burn an audio CD and rip it back to MP3 format.
Gravatar
DJ Ross
Hi buddy Thanks for the advice much appreciated Dj ross
Gravatar
DJ Ross
Hi yakev thanks for reply i do use mainly beatport and traxsource so will stay away from itunes music store going forward cheers Ross
Gravatar
jay daring
Dont forget to normalise the Mp3 once you have ripped it back from CD otherwise the volume will be low. Jay Daring (UK)
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
Good advice Jay, our Platinum Notes software is great at this kind of thing. You can check it out at www.platinumnotes.com.
Gravatar
DJ Chuy
Check out the "Tunebite" software to remove the DRM, it's easier.
Gravatar
unikornis

Hi!

I bought my tunes mainly in iTunes (state of trance, etc.), and I didnt find this issue yet.
Some days ago I bought files through traxsource.com, and there was 7-8 mp3 that gave me this error code in MIK, DRM Protected.
It would be nice to know, what would be the problem... Maybe some kind of higher quality version of the track encoded like you wrote?

because if the file has any additional option, then maybe I should use it. But if there is not anything like that, its simple to create another mp3 version in iTunes, and the new version of the track will be fine, and there is no DRM protection.

The older version of the MIK (5.0) never gave me error message like this. :)

Yesterday I bought State of Trance Yearmix 2012 on iTunes, with the 100 tunes it contains, and there was again 6-7 tracks that gave me the DRM Protection for analizing.

I found that most of the tracks are in m4a format, but these few tracks are in m4p format. What should I know about this? Is there a special function of these tracks, like you wrote about higher quality version for tractor on the other issue? Or other reason?

Thanks to you for the answer, aaaaand Merry Christmas to everyone! :)
Peter - Unicorn

Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)

Could you please do me a favor and place a few of the files that are showing the problem into a .zip folder, and upload it to speedyshare.com? Please send the download link to contact@mixedinkey.com and I will take a look at it. Place all of the files in a .zip folder (multiple files, one .zip folder) to make it easier to upload and download. Also, please include the link to this thread in the email so that I know what the file is in regards to, along with what operating system you are using.

Cheers,
Chad P

Gravatar
Pietrozini

Hi Guys,
some years later.
Same problem, with the Most Rated in Ibiza by Defected bought on iTunes.
Some files were processed, others were "DRM PROTECTED";
the Processed files were .m4a and the protected .m4p.
Easily replace the "p" with the "a" and Mixed in Key processed it.
hope to be helpful.

Gravatar
Ilya Dahl

Thank you man. It's work

Gravatar
Frantz

On Sunday, April 12, 2015 5:40 AM Pietrozini wrote:

Easily replace the "p" with the "a" and Mixed in Key processed it.
hope to be helpful.

I tried this with a song downloaded from the Apple Music service and before changing the extension I was getting the DRM Protected message. After changing the extension to .m4a I got a different message: "Could not open file"

Is there a way around this? I'm not using this tool for mixing, only to determine the song key. I was thinking of using an app like Audio Highjack to record the audio and feed it into MIK.

Thanks,

Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)

That's one way to do it. Burning it to an audio cd and then reimporting it is another.

Gravatar
Frantz

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:00 PM Chad P (Mixed In Key) wrote:

That's one way to do it. Burning it to an audio cd and then reimporting it is another.

Hi Chad,

Really appreciate the quick response. I ended using Spotify with Audio Hijack's free version as I didn't need to record more than 10 minutes of audio at a time. It worked like a charm and MIK did a great job of determine the song key.

Question... How long does the audio need to be in order for MIK to detect the key? Being that I'm not using it for DJ'ing and to label my music library I thought that I could shorten the recordings in Audio Hijack to say 1 minute vs. the whole song and then feeding into MIK. Let me know if this would work well or if I should analyze the entire song.

Thanks,

Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)

It should analyze the entire song.

Gravatar
Frantz

On Friday, November 20, 2015 11:15 AM Chad P (Mixed In Key) wrote:

It should analyze the entire song.

Thanks!

Gravatar
RachelZ

If you want to remove DRM from iTunes music for free, myFairTunes, Ebook DRM Removal Freeware and Requiem are all good choices. In addition to this, there is iMusic Aimersoft that I really like to use.

Gravatar
chimeseri

iTunes music is protected by DRM, so if you want to play iTunes music in other players or put into mobile device, turn to iTunes DRM removal to remove DRM, and convert iTunes music to one format suitable for players, as MP3, in original quality. Drug converted iTunes music to any players or mobile device as you like.

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com