The Mixed In Key forums have been discontinued. This post is here for informational purposes.

Looking for support for your product? Email us: contact@mixedinkey.com

7A > 11A

Gravatar
Ashley M
Monday, November 17, 2008 12:16 PM
Ok so my ears are telling me some tracks in 11A sound like they will gel with tracks in 7A just when listening through tracks. I'm going to go & give it a try but again notice that once again its another one of my bizarre 4 steps around the circle of 5ths. Just wonder what results mixing between these to keys anyone else gets ?
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
Monday, November 17, 2008 1:50 PM
Hey Ash, 4 steps is a mix that will work quite often. If you break down a basic triad chord, say the chord of C major you will see why this works. The root note is of course C, and the top note is G. Interestingly enough, 8B and 9B. Now the middle note is E, aka 12B, which is 4 steps away from 8B. So basically you are moving the root note up a major third, which is why these 4 step mixes sound good. David Guetta even asked us why this wasn't mentioned in our basic mixes :)
Gravatar
Ashley M
Monday, November 17, 2008 6:02 PM
Hi Chad thanks for that. Chad you can tell David Guetta your ok with that on the forum, I posted a thread about 4 step mixing ages ago on here if you remember ? I think it was on the mixed in key thread though. I knew I wasn't going around the twist (ha,ha) :D
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
Monday, November 17, 2008 6:19 PM
Chad you can tell David Guetta your ok with that on the forum, I posted a thread about 4 step mixing ages ago on here if you remember ? I do remember :) I guess I didn't look into it deeply enough at the time, but once I did it all became clear. I've tried this mix a couple of time myself since then, with varying degrees of success. It doesn't seem to work as often as mixing a fifth (one step on the Camelot Wheel) but it is definitely worth looking into. Cheers, Chad
Gravatar
Ashley M
Friday, November 21, 2008 3:04 PM
exactly its just another string to the bow so to speak. Its just that thing about mixing with your ears I was going on about, you pick up on certain parts. (like he actually cares though ha,ha)

Follow us on Facebook: