We migrated this Community to a Facebook Group to provide you a better overall experience. Click here and join now!

Gravatar
Yakov (Mixed In Key)
Musicians and DJs benefit from having a strong brand.  It gets you booked more often.  Fans will remember your name.  You don't need major label support: you can design your own identity.
The most important thing to realize is that most DJs don’t have a logo.  If you have a symbol or custom font associated with your name, you’re already ahead of the competition. Here is how you can design your logo:

1)  Your goal is to come up with 5-10 different variations of your DJ name and some symbols that inspire you.  Take a pencil and sketch some ideas on paper.  Think about the music you play.  If it’s friendly and vocal, use smooth and elegant fonts.  If it’s minimal and techy, use sharper edges and corners. 2)  Ideally, your logo should fill this rectangle: Perfect size for a logo A horizontal logo is easier to read than a vertical logo. 3)  Take the ideas you sketched, and ask your close friends to pick their favorite design.  Take the winning sketch, and draw a bigger version of it.  Add extra details.  For example, Kaskade's logo has vines and leaves: Kaskade Logo He plays organic, soulful House Music, and these symbols make sense for him.  I like adding small details because they make the logo more interesting. 4) Don’t overthink it – you can always change your design later on.  At this point, ask a graphic designer to create your logo in Adobe Illustrator and JPEG formats.

We've worked with many designers over the years, and here is what we learned so far:

1)  The best people are in high demand.  If you want a professional designer to create your logo from a pencil sketch, it’s best to work with a small boutique agency.  Their prices range from 750 to 3000 US dollars.  My favorite designer is Antonio from Artifice Studios – he created our Harmonic-Mixing.com logo: Harmonic-Mixing.com Logo 2)  If you want to go a different route, you can post a contest on 99 Designs for thousands of freelance designers to compete and create different variations of your sketch.  I recommend a guaranteed award of at least $450.  Many people say that 99 Designs is unfair because only one winner gets paid.  I understand their point.  But, competition is healthy.  If an art student wants to spend an hour on my project, is it really that bad?  I think it's a nice way to build a graphic design portfolio. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide whether to hire a professional designer or post your project on 99 Designs.  I like to do both. Here is the concept I posted on that site: My design I included a detailed description of what I wanted, and got this logo as a result:  The outcome

Here are the logos I like at the moment: Examples of music industry logos:  Mixed In Key... Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk... Ministry of Sound, Pacha... Hed Kandi, Defected In The House, Housexy, Global Underground... Miami Fever So give it a shot, it's worth it.  Having a great logo can take your fame to a higher level.  As soon as you have your final design, start using it everywhere.  Build your brand, and earn worldwide recognition. -Yakov Vorobyev, president of Mixed In Key
Gravatar
Ashley M
Yes this is a good topic Yakov in fact I already have my font / design in my head, used to use it in art classes years ago in high school to tag stuff. Just what software to use ? (you know that Ministry Of Sound logo is just an adaption of the old British Ministry Of Defence, MOD logo though right ?) its either that or the old Ministry of Justice logo but I'm sure its the top one & it was on the whitehall mod building in the past in Jet black. The only difference being the name, a slightly different crown & more 3D emphasis given to the spherical grid. & I think there were chains outside the grid on the mod/moj logo. But its not much different. Both Ministries have long since changed their logos / banners so I can't find a Jpg for comparison. But maybe someone has worked or lives nearby / knows what I'm going on about.
Gravatar
Ashley M
Software? any good freeware ? I'm not into graphic designing apps
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
Hey Ashley, I thought you used Gimp? From my understanding that's the next best thing to Photoshop and it's free. Cheers, Chad
Gravatar
Ashley M
Bring out the gimp :D yeah not sure about using a photo app though, Photoshop etc is that what they use Chad for graphic design I really don't know ? I thought they just used that for touching up glamour girls boobs & legs in playboy :)
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
yeah not sure about using a photo app though, Photoshop etc is that what they use Chad for graphic design I really don't know ? Absolutely. Photoshop (and our friend Gimp) is so much more than a photo editor. Here's some links to get you started. The first one is for Photoshop but you should be able to find comparable tools in Gimp. 100 Photoshop Tutorials for Creating Beautiful Art Gimp.org/tutorials/ Gimp-tutorials.com Gimp-tutorials.net After checking out some of these sites, I wanted to dive in and start working on my own logo! Then I remembered the time I told Yakov I wanted to be a graphic designer, and he told me to get back to work :) JK This stuff really isn't that hard to get started in, and the results will pay off for you. As Yakov said, a good DJ logo will really help you stand out from the crowd. Cheers, Chad P
Gravatar
Ashley M
Thanks for that Chad although its a shame we never get enough time to do all these kind of things isn't it ? ha, ha
Gravatar
Northern Monkey
Chad! Thanks for the pointer in the direction of this software... Just downloaded it and used it and whacked a logo up in no time - well more of an advert for a web broadcast i do... Is thereany way I can put this on ere would love to know what you think! Cheers Monkey
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
Hi Monkey, We would love to see what you have done. Just copy and paste the html code of the image. If you are unfamiliar with this, then upload it to photoshop, and they will generate the code for you. I can't wait to see it! Cheers, Chad P
Gravatar
Northern Monkey
haha if only i knew how to do the html stuff lol i will have to give that up as a bad job as my knowledge is somewhat limited.. :o( It is on the following page though if any use: www.transmissionfm.com/profile/northernmonkey Its the logo centered around the headphones.... Chad P: You mean this one? :) Photobucket
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
I needed a square logo on the fly last week to post on Eddie Gordon's Media 2 Radio website. Yakov was attending the NAMM conference, oh what was I to do? Bring out the Gimp! I know this is really simple, but a quick gradient or two and some blurred edges gave me exactly what I needed: Photobucket
Gravatar
Ashley M
someone got me a USB tablet board thing a while back could I use this with gimp for this kind of thing do you know ?
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
From what I just read, I believe the newest version of Gimp should support tablets. Check out Gimper.net for more information.
Gravatar
Ashley M
ok, I really need to squeeze out some extra time for this!
Gravatar
David Sabat
Hello, I agree with this topic completely! Marketing is so key to getting to the next level and I love a great logo. Yakov thought it would be a good idea to share more examples of logos to spark everyone's creativity so here are mine: David Sabat http://davidsabat.com http://chicagosoundsource.com http://maddsoul.com
Gravatar
Nemo 5000
funny thing this topic was brought up. as a day job, i run a brand identity company (fancy way of saying logo design, with lotsa value-added services attached). one of our biggest clients is calvin college, on of the best liberal arts colleges in the midwest. you can check out my company site at www.paradigmcooperative.com. we forget a very important thing about our logo. think about the places where most people will be seeing this logo (likely the club). the club isn't a very bright place, and because there isn't a lot of light, our eyes don't pick up color very well. i'm not going to get into the science, but our eyes have two types of cells, one of which picks up color. our color cells require lots of light to perform well, and they perform poorly in low light conditions. just imagine walking in a dark forest during the fall. our eyes won't be able to pickup the orange, red, and yellow leaves very well... we'll just see muddy shades of brown. design the logo for where people will be seeing it. for instance, corporate stationary always have multiple versions of the same logo, one monotone fit for watermarks, another bold and black and white for low-res faxes, another pixel-perfect to display crisply on webpages, and a few more. in the same way, think about the mediums carrying your logo, whether stickers for fans, an animation on a big screen, or a sticker on the back of your laptop. optimize your logo to stand out on such mediums. so if your logo will be on the back of your laptop screen facing the fans, make sure it's bold, simple, and high-contrast so that the dancers can actually see your logo from the dimly-lit dance floor. feel free to contact me with any more questions. would love to help fellow DJs out. just call 616-485-3762 and ask for nemo 5000.
Gravatar
Stromtherapie
Hello@all, nice logos here. Wanna present our logo too.... ;O) stromtherapie | electro house Live Electronic Music Berlin We are doing every design by ourselfs. the website, the logo, and the cd/dvd, everything should be cooperate identety. please post a reply if you like the logo it or not. than for reading this... and excuse my bad english.... greetings Stromtherapie
Gravatar
Ashley M
Just some info for you I came across this while doing something else another freeware app like gimp that has been decorated with good reviews from magazines etc. There are tutorials there too etc. http://paint.net/ someone might find that useful.
Gravatar
Northern Monkey
haha chad thanks for posting the image for my Show progressive Nature... thats the very one and truth be told I am rather proud of it lol... even more proud of you though for getting it on here... cheers Monkey!
Gravatar
Northern Monkey
here we go this is either going to work or not... as the case may be - i think i have sussed the html stuff out more by fluke than anything else....
Gravatar
Rips
Good thread, here is my own effort... rips_logo_500.png
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
Nice one Rips :)
Gravatar
will100
Hi, I use illustrator and corel for logo design and logo conversion both. If you guys have any tips, Please forward..... Thanks Will
Gravatar
GHOSH
I am a huge fan of simple, bold designs, with simpler lines and what have you (Too many designs these days have too much clutter, paint splatter, feathers and such) I like a lot of the designs posted here in the thread. Allow me to post mine as well: The Company (Akram Artist Management) Logo: Photobucket And my personal logo: OFFICIAL NEW LOGO and my custom font: Photobucket
Gravatar
GoodVibez
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Gravatar
des10
As someone who has played many roles (dj, producer, promoter, designer, label head, brand consultation, editor, blah blah blah) I can't stress enough the importance of having really good designs. They don't have to even be absurdly technical, in fact something clean and crisp that avoids the pitfalls of the DIY design will get you much farther than you'd think. Spending so much care on your craft (whether it's djing or producing, etc) and then neglecting good images is like cooking a great dinner that frankly looks like dog sh*t. You can't blame people for not being interested if it's not visually appealing. Here's are a few tips of my own as they apply more to design in general than just a logo: - Avoid pixelation and distortion from enlarging images. If you need a larger logo or image, use a better quality to start. For logo's and such, this is why having an Adobe Illustrator (or similar vector based file) is so important. You can enlarge to a road sign without losing the crisp clean lines... - Avoid using crappy fonts that everyone has on their computers. It screams "I'm cheap and I did this myself"! For a top notch site with tons of FREE designer quality fonts, go to www.dafont.com ... I DON'T recommend any of the "1000 free fonts" type of websites. - Make use of color, but always make sure that you're logo doesn't depend on it. A good logo should be able to be printed in one color and still have the same impact. This is important for flyers and other prints. Promoters sometimes may choose to print a flyer in limited colors to keep their costs low and you don't want your logo looking like a mess. Your checklist should include: Full color logo, 2 color logo, and a greyscale/solid color logo. - Be consistent. I've seen way to many people who use totally different fonts, colors, logos, etc for their brand: It confuses people. Take time to consider yourself as a brand and make sure the color scheme's, fonts, etc on your various sites are consistent. It helps create a cohesiveness to your brand that people will be more likely to remember. - With photo's there is simply no excuse to have poor quality photo's anymore. Everyone has someone in your family or friends who has a decent digital camera. I'd suggest not using anything less than a 6MP camera. Also avoid the temptation to use cheesy photo effects such as inverting the the colors or the infamous 'photo sketch' It may have been 'neat' back in the early 90's but if every middle school kid with a computer has the ability to do it, it's not a good idea. - Avoid color scheme's for your websites that strain your eyes and are hard to look at. I would avoid anything that reminds you of the movie hackers or the matrix, or any acid trip you may have ever had from back in the day. You can find thousands of great scheme's at the impressive www.colourlovers.com - Make sure to pick either a background color, image or tile that you use for any of your various sites: Official Website, MySpace, Imeem, Blogger, Twitter, etc. Most every site/profile that you could have has the simple option of choosing your background. Make use of it to give all of your sites the same look. - Always be looking at various other sources and when you see something ask yourself a few questions: "Do I like this?" "Why so?" "How can I learn from this?" Lastly, if you don't have the time to do all of this yourself, make sure to invest in someone to do it for you. It's more important than that next piece of gear that you need to "blow up" and become the next rock star DJ. Hope this helps some of you a bit. Feel free to follow me: www.twitter.com/destinjacobus or check out www.destinjacobus.com or www.impaktrecordings.com
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
Thanks for the great tips Destin, and welcome to the community :) -Chad P
Gravatar
Mark Yula
hey man i just bought mixed in key was wondering how do i activate it
Gravatar
baseimpulse
Anyone who does need logos, photo composites, color correction, photshoots, website designs, motion graphics, video editing etc... if anyone needs it, I will be more than willing to help the community out, I will make special rates for anyone who is apart of the MIK / PN community. Please email me at info@mmvmediawerks.com for more questions, and i can help you all out with what you may be interested in.
Gravatar
DJ SparksWillFly
My attempts at creating a DJ logo have always ended in a complete mess. If anyone has the talent and the time, can you pull something together for me? Cheers SWF
Gravatar
maximlee
spend more time mixing...... djs can get carryied away and design there names and logos... if you make a room jump then be sure people will remember ure name
Gravatar
baseimpulse
If anyone needs logos and websites and other graphics or videos done or edited etc. Please contact me at DAVIDM@MMVMEDIAWERKS.COM... We will be giving discounts on designs for logos and websites and videos and motion graphics for those who are interested. If you are in the Florida area. we can do photoshoots.
Gravatar
hodgie
I have the logo for my radio show that i also use when I put nights on, do you think I should keep the same font for my dj name or make it different? /Users/hodgie/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/11:02:2009_2/mixcutout_radioshow.jpg My mate also designed this for me to use but i'm not sure how to use it. /Users/hodgie/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/15:05:2009_10/l_97b79470a28d191003a6a92016ab408a.jpg I did use it like this. /Users/hodgie/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/15:05:2009_3/l_1806b901e9b05ed5b078e6f4dd19ce90.jpg
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
I can't see the pics, can you upload them to photobucket or a similar service? Usually it's a good idea to stick to one font, it helps to establish a brand.
Gravatar
relletto
Hey great advice, I just got a logo done through 99 designs about one month ago and I am so happy with it. I paid 390 AUS all up. It was the cheapest package, (195US i think), then I super charged it by ticking yes to all the extra options which all cost additional money though was definitely worth it. It was bold, highlighted, red, placed on the front page etc and I ended up choosing from over 400 logos by the end of one week - amazing. I didn't even know what I wanted at the beginning though by the end of the week I got a great feel for what I liked and didn't like. You just have to make sure you leave heaps of comments so all the designers know what kind of feel you are going for. Check out my soundcloud page to see the logo - http://soundcloud.com/relletto/relletto-nov-09 I also had a mate who used 99 designs (basic package - 195US) though he didn't tick all the options and only ended up with 100 designs.
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
Hey relletto, I do like your logo, it's very well done. Simple and original, it will look good in any color so that you can use it on any background. Your designer did a good job and you did a good job picking it as the winner. Cheers, Chad P
Gravatar
Andriska005
http://www.myspace.com/tomniel
Gravatar
Andriska005
http://www.4shared.com/file/160882450/9a5e06a/Tom_Niel_-_HARMONIC.html
Gravatar
Andriska005
http://www.4shared.com/file/184982095/f8ea16b1/Tom_Niel_-_Impressive.html
Gravatar
Dj Ontic
I think it is best to get someone who knows what they are doing to design your logo... Image is everything and if you look like a cheese ball people will think you are even if you have the best mixes out there... The idea of even having a logo is for marketing purposes, you are trying to get people who have not heard you perform to come check you out. Granted once people are there and you suck it doesn't matter how cool your logo is. I would say that you could get a great logo designed for under $200. I wouldn't spend much more than that.
Gravatar
D^3
Most definitely. A good logo makes you identifiable. Part of being a successful dj is marketing. A solid logo is part of that marketing. Here's mine:
Gravatar
DJ XEL
2 bills for a logo?? WOW, I did this one for free using GIMP and finding some fonts online. I agree with having a bold b/w logo for the back of your laptop, I have one that was printed on a silver metal sticker by kartel @ 12inch skins. It was designed for my control vinyl, and he threw in some extras, total cost was $30. [IMG]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad172/dj_xel/DSC01612.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad172/dj_xel/DSC01613.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad172/dj_xel/DJXELFROTN9.jpg[/IMG]
Gravatar
dj the prince
dj the prince
Gravatar
Subtron
Here is a good free site to make a banner. cick on banner to goto site. BannerFans.com BannerFans.com
Gravatar
Ptichka
Ok, I just saw this post and I had to say what I think about this logo topic. First of all it is important to take a pencil and make your own sketches, to think about the music style, and also to see other dj's logos who play the same music style. But the most important thing is to understand what is necessary for a logo to be a success. a logo should work in small dimensions, It's like your signature. So it can't be too big and complicated, think about business cards, fax, letters and mail signatures. That's why it needs to work in black & white, and negative before you add colors to it. Usually you make 2 versions, a small one, more simplified, and a bigger one with more colors, 3d maybe, and more decorations around it. (read NEMO5000 and des10 comments, they say some important stuff). It's better to take time and make better logo, than changing it afterwords, cause it can confuse people, and make them think that you weren't such a good dj, so now you are trying to change your image. this happens to many companies, after they change their logo, people start asking questions why, and sometimes stop buying their products. Reliability is very important, so if you decide that the logo will be placed always on your top left side, and has 1 cm space around it it should never change. And finally it's best to work with one good designer, who would really care about you and not some site with cheap contests. You wouldn't want to have a logo that someone made in 10 minutes, and copied vectors from free vector sites. It would look cheap and Unprofessional. here is a good site for inspiration, he is an illustrator, and has really amazing works: http://www.alextrochut.com/#/works and my own modest work: http://www.behance.net/goshaptichka http://goshaptichka.carbonmade.com/ and this is my logo: Photobucket
Gravatar
DVDJ REIGN
You're right on the marketing and branding thing! I just changed my title from dj to dvdj because no one knew I did video, tried to do one myself but couldn't get it but i'll try gimp....my girl charged 150 that included two different shades and two different files and my logo embedded into an mp4 for a video motion loop. Here's the logo we decided on [URL=http://www.zshare.net/image/83237872a77bf51f/]REIGNLOGO_BRUSHEDCHROME_BLACKBG.jpg[/URL]
Gravatar
sarahjohnson
Hello, like your logos, Simple and original concepts. these are well done. great job :) Sarah Johnson Graphics Designer Logo designs
Gravatar
lloyDJordan
This is great advice, thanks.
Gravatar
Sam Castle
Here's a logo for a DJ who plays bright trance melodies with a dark twisted progressive house bassline. ;) May not be perfect, but it is a project I'm working on. Sam Castle Logo
Gravatar
CJ Fynjy
Well, mine is this... Simply a nickname in a homemade font with (hopefully) a little of Arabic feel. http://i22.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0607/a9/8fd1f870fad80637b81c34855c1b67a9.png couldn't figure out a BB tag that inserts an image btw, img, IMG, IMG="" etc don't work...
Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)
We use html ;)
Gravatar
DJLUIS
I have a new pc lost my vip code can you please help me need badly djluis1265@msn.com
Gravatar
serkan
This my logo. www.serkankocak.net It's only a circle and two fonts acutally. Nothing special but simple. The logo itself doesn't have a meaning (I just think it looks good) but it took weeks to find the one I'm 100% happy with. Same for the font which shows my first and family name. I got rid of my artist name "DJ OXYGeN" about 10 years ago when I thought: "everybody is calling himself a DJ nowadays but why?". I didn't knew and decided to go with my own real name. It's different but it's ME. Back to the logo: Depending on the space and on the rest of the design of the flyer, homepage, etc. the position of the logo and my first/family name can be changed. Another goal was to make it readable and recognizable even in very small sizes. The colors are my favorite ones but can be changed depending on the surrounding colors. What do you think?
Gravatar
skygear
Gravatar
DJ YourLogoSucks
Your logo sucks.
Gravatar
juliemalone
For a high quality business logo design you need to use proper computer softwares. Opting for the online or free softwares online may be inexpensive but will only result in low quality designs.
Gravatar
Paul Orbit
Hi Folks! Few things I've missed in this thread (or didn't read properly since it's more than a few lines). These days it's becoming pretty common to have the DJ's on posters/flyers using their artwork. Hence the design is gettin ever so important. But it also brings in another issue, which is the 'styling vs readabilty' bit. Which in turn means opportunities to stand out in styling are dropping rapidly. Some considerations: >Create a style that will fit into other designs easily.. >Do not use any coloring. Best to stay in grayscales. >Less is more. You could easily use a standard font like arial. Styling is mostly done in the way fonts are lined up. Subtle connections between letters make a style on their own. >Consider the file formats you work in. To incorporate your logo into other artwork PNG with transparent background is popular. It's okay to use EPS, PSD and AI formats. But a lot of designers will take the opportunity to change your styling to fit the poster design, so guard your style and be clear on what is allowed. That being said you will have to have a design that is easy to fit into other artwork so if a designer has a suggestion, u better take it to hart. Especially if you're not a designer. I've seen way to many iffy fonts, overdone styling and such, also on this thread. That's not to put any one down, just trying to make those that lack knowledge of design weary of pittfalls ;) Currently I'm getting my own website up to speed. The design page is not yet finished, but you could take a look on www.paulorbit.com for some examples. Ow and yes, I am a designer, DJ and producer. I work for a university in the Netherlands, and designing is my job on the side. I do take orders tho :)
Gravatar
marinedstorm

Wanted to add mine to the mix. No pun intended.

Gravatar
Globaldjnetwork

If you still need a logo NM, check out the community area on GDJN as there is request thread for DJ's looking for logos.

Gravatar
DJ Acido

Like the website Paul.... also subscribed to your podcast... when is the next one available? Also i like the trancition logo you have on the website, you think we work something out for a logo for me?

Thanks..... Dan

Gravatar
orbitgraphix

Sure m8, find me on face book. Paul Orbit is my private page, and Orbitgraphix is my promo page ;)

Gravatar
@radley

I would suggest checking out dribble.com. Lots of professional designers on there.

Expect to pay $500-2000. If it's your first, $500 should be fine.

Give yourself time to get used to the new design, see how it plays out for 6-12 months, then you can look into to a more expensive design job.

Gravatar
John Laffan

Image Text

Ok, so inspired by the reading of "beyond beatmatching" here is a business card/logo I've came up with so far...

thoughts...?

Gravatar
orbitgraphix

TBH, it's not a good design. Don't take it personal, but if you're not a bricklayer, you shouldn't build a wall. That goes for designing as well. Without praising myself, I'd suggest you find a designer or at least get your hands on templates you can use as inspiration. There's plenty out there.

Gravatar
John Laffan

Thanks mate, I'm open to constructive criticism and will take your advice.

Any good sources of templates you can point in the direction of?

thanks

Gravatar
orbitgraphix

A search on busisness card template on google should get you enough results to get u started. Keep it simple. And ah... dont put ur face on it . Not saying ur ugly, but u wanna get the message across, you're not out for a date :)
If u want people to find out more about you: get a website.

Bizcards are purely focussed on info. There's not much room on them for other stuff anyway ;)

Gravatar
John Laffan

Sound advice Orbit!

Lets see how I get on haha

Gravatar
orbitgraphix

Aaight! Keep me posted ;)
Leave the music note of as well bro. I was convinced your name was Gaffan... :) Only just now noticed it's Laffan...

Gravatar
dopeonthetable

There is on program that can help you that is X-Fonter, what it can do is you load a background image, let say you take a flyer of the party you realy want to play that and blackout one dj name

Let it scan all your fonts on your computer, type your dj name

and just go through all your fonts in till you find one that hit the spot for you and let you stand out from the rest
that plays your style of music. Now you have the right font you then can play with it in other programs
all capitals and one not, one letter reversed,.... enjoy en good luck

http://www.blacksunsoftware.com/xfonter.html
http://www.blacksunsoftware.com/xfscreenshots.html

Gravatar
subwooferjesus

Thank You very much for this article very helpful

Gravatar
zimlee

Image Text

What do You think guys? :)

Gravatar
Chad (MIK Mod)

Looks good, nice and simple. The only concern would be the EE at smaller sizes, something to keep in mind but it's probably fine. Thanks for reviving a cool thread.

Gravatar
paulorbit

Not here to burn your hard work but this is just to show it can pay off to have your design done professionally. After all it's your DJ carreer on the line. However you cannot use this image, it's just a showcase since I had a bit off time while waiting for the feeding frenzy of Orbit Junior....Peace!!

Image Text

Gravatar
Paul Orbit

Slap me! Used wrong button...you need to click the link ;)

Gravatar
zimlee

On Saturday, May 10, 2014 7:32 PM Chad P (Mixed In Key) wrote:

Looks good, nice and simple. The only concern would be the EE at smaller sizes, something to keep in mind but it's probably fine. Thanks for reviving a cool thread.

Thanks a lot i'll try to rework it :D

Gravatar
zimlee

On Sunday, May 11, 2014 8:15 AM paulorbit wrote:

Not here to burn your hard work but this is just to show it can pay off to have your design done professionally. After all it's your DJ carreer on the line. However you cannot use this image, it's just a showcase since I had a bit off time while waiting for the feeding frenzy of Orbit Junior....Peace!!

Image Text

Ohh I didn't know about that, To be honest my name is simon and my drunk friend said when you say zimlee it makes you smile at the end since we're French Canadian haha. I've never played any game with that name in, so i wouldn't know D:

on the other side, I'm nothing like a professional designer I've downloaded a FREE font on www.dafont.comto write my own logo and I've used paint + Microsoft Word to make it haha. Ops now you know my secret :(.

But for real, thanks for thinking its professional, I hope that can help people who want to make a cool logo for free! :)

Gravatar
Paul Orbit

Lolz... You're either very funny or I wasnt very clear... Funny either way :)

This (below) is just to show how I would do a custom design for some guy called ZimLee. I actually did design that...WOW! :)

Your logo isnt very pro (no punn intended). But if you're into that well, I guess you should just go ahead and use that.

I use Illustrator, Cinema 4D (for 3D) and Photoshop. No secret, give it a shot :D

Still this goes only to show it pays to have your logo done by a pro. You pay the extra dollar once, and you get something (if done right) to last your whole carreer.

Image Text

Gravatar
zimlee

On Sunday, May 11, 2014 9:31 AM Paul Orbit wrote:

Lolz... You're either very funny or I wasnt very clear... Funny either way :)

This (below) is just to show how I would do a custom design for some guy called ZimLee. I actually did design that...WOW! :)

Your logo isnt very pro (no punn intended). But if you're into that well, I guess you should just go ahead and use that.

I use Illustrator, Cinema 4D (for 3D) and Photoshop. No secret, give it a shot :D
LOL i completely misunderstood your comment haha. But yeah I agree I'm meeting someone tomorrow for that purpose xD
Still this goes only to show it pays to have your logo done by a pro. You pay the extra dollar once, and you get something (if done right) to last your whole carreer.

Image Text

Gravatar
djrobmaynard

GREAT ARTICLE, MANY THANKS.

Gravatar
permanapg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRQ-qOqtyRU

please give me advice

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com