Gravatar
alanlinhart

Had an update forced upon me today that makes the program completely useless. It loads, barely, after about 15 minutes it comes up. Then just hangs on a blank screen (no library, just the GUI and white space. Cursor stays a blue ring, then every couple minutes the "not responding" shows up in the top left and stays for a couple minutes then disappears.

Windows 10, everything up to date (all patches, framework updates etc) and the latest FORCED update that I had to download even though I didn't need it. It worked fine before, but after the update, completely broken. Locks computer completely up, can't even pull up task manager to close it. Have to hard reset my computer just to turn MIK off.

Don't force updates on us when stuff is already working fine. I had no issues until you forced me to update so I could continue using it.

Gravatar
alanlinhart

anyone? lol

Gravatar
James Araujo - MIK Team

Hey Alan,

Let's try this:

1. Go to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Mixed In Key\Mixed In Key
  2. Rename the "8.0" folder to "8.0-backup" (or the latest version available)
  3. Go to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\
  4. Rename the "MixedInKeyLLC" folder to "MixedInKeyLLC-backup"
  5. Open Mixed In Key

Let me know if it works :)

Gravatar
Paul-01

Mine is not even working to import info to itunes. Very frustrated. I have 8.1.2 and itunes 12.7

Gravatar
alanlinhart

i opened it under a different user and it works

Support

If you want to re-install your software, you can click here to recover your download links and your VIP Codes.

If you have any other tech support questions, email us at contact@mixedinkey.com